Aisling Log Cabin - 3.99m x 3.09m
Choose options below to price your cabin
- Screw and fixings pack
- Free shingle
- Log kit
- Treated floor bearers
- Trim kit
- Floor boards
- Roof boards
- Roof beams
- Full set of numbered plans
The Barbados gardenhouse is available in 5 sizes. It is a pent roof model with double glazed windows and fully glazed double door that provide plenty of natural light making this model great for a garden office or even a garden gym. The Barbados Cabin range enjoys big reductions in our summer sale and we guarantee to beat any price on a like for like log cabin.
All our Kits come complete with everything required to build this cabin and are inclusive of 19mm Tongue & Groove flooring, 28mm flooring available.
- Plumbing €1,000 - €2,500
- Heating €1,000 - €5,000
- Sewage and Water Mains €1,000 - €3,000
- Kitchen €1,000 - €5,000
- Bathroom €1,500 - €5,000
- Electrical Work - guide price of €65 per internal electrical point
Wall dimensions 309×399 cm
Floor size 11.71 m2
Ridge height 233.7 cm
Wall height 210.9 cm
Front overhang 30 cm
Roof area 19.29 m2
Roof angle 4.3°
Doors 1 x 1588 x 1957 mm D/Glazed
Windows 2 x 560 x 1780 mm + 1 x 560 x 1780 mm D/Glazed
Premium windows & doors have 24mm Argon gas filled toughened safety glazing, thicker frame & premium locking mechanisms. All our windows and doors carry a 10 year warranty.
Frames come in WOOD and PVC. Below you'll find our wooden frame and PVC colours.
Damp Proof Breathable Membrane
- All our fully Built cabins are protected with damp proof membrane fully covering the structure and insulation externally all around, this technology keep the moisture away.
- Breathable membranes are water resistant but vapour permeable. Typically they are used within external wall and roof constructions where the external cladding is used. Function; A breathable membrane is positioned on the outer side of the insulation, allowing vapour to escape from inside (preventing sweat, leading to damp or mould) while repelling any water that tries to enter.
Premium Double Cavity Exterior Wall Insulation System
- We are one of the only companys in Ireland that provide this service.
- External log cabin wall insulation system will protect the structural wall of the cabin, you will not lose any of the internal space inside the cabin compared to the cheap internal wall insulation installed by our competitors. Where there is more chance of getting damp and reduce the space internally of minimum of 6 inches (or 150mm) of your living space on your exterior walls. Also Where there is no air gap for ventilation.
- 100mm external insulation comes as standard with all our standard exterior system specifications that gives you approx. B3 Ber rating.
- Different thickness or Different TYPES of insulation can be fitted at clients request. We would be more than happy to do this. Wall thickness starting at 189mm upwards depending on wood thickness and insulation required.
Recyclable Eco Friendly Insulation
- Here at Irih Log Cabins we use Earthwool insulation – the “new generation” of glass wool – Manufactured from recycled materials. All our fully built cabins are built with external wall insulation that has double cavity walls, designed specifically to last a lifetime in the Irish climate . Our exterior walls come with a damp proof membrane, additional cavity for ventilation and exterior cladding facade that will secure your new home from heat loss, damp and wind for many generations to come.
- Exterior Cladding available in pressure treated timber cladding as standard, Log style tongue and groove kiln dried cladding or sand and cement plastered finish depending on client requirements or planning authorities spec.
- Because log cabins are built from wood or logs, they are more 'greener' or environmentally friendly than their brick built counterparts. This is because a timber home uses more natural resources than brick and concrete homes.
- They also use less energy to manufacture than other types of building materials.
- Our Log cabins are highly energy efficient. Our Fully Built cabins with standard Exterior Cavity Wall system specification gives you approx. B3 Ber rating. Since the requirement of heating are alot less, compared with a conventional irish building, Alot less energy is needed in providing a heatsource for your new space lowering your carbon footprint! There is less impact on the enviroment as a result.
- Our cabins, With addition to exuding a warm sort of earthiness with their appearance, also have another bonus "Wood itself provides natural insulation".
- If your Irish you`ve been in a house with no heat on, or even that rental house with the drafts and dodgy insulation, cold parts you just cant seem to warm! Have you ever touched that concrete wall? its cold, then touched the wooded surface its alot warmer?
- Our Log cabins are highly energy efficient. Our Fully Built cabins with The standard Exterior Cavity Wall system specification fitted gives you approx. B3 Ber rating.
- Wood as you know is a sustainable and renewable raw material.
- We support ecological and responsible timber manufacturing. New wood also has the added advantage of smelling nice as well.
every little helps...
Now, with heat on the wood surface it gets warmer it doesnt absorb the energy, soak it up for hours and stay relativly cold. Cant picture that?
You`ve stepped on that concrete or tile floor in your bare feet... enough said
This is the same warm effect all over the inside of your Log cabin!
Maybe NOW you can picture a warm comfartable space.
Also worth mentioning our Cabins workout alot cheaper than RENT.
... Overall, if you're considering building a home that has less environmental impacts, is more sustainable, and can be a healthy home to live in, a log home may be right for you!
* PLEASE LET US KNOW IN YOUR ORDER FORM WHICH FOUNDATION OPTION YOU WANT *The base of a log cabin is the most important part of any log cabin build and should be a flat area that is minimum of 2″ above the ground and level. You can choose a concrete slab or timber frame with blocks. Damp course in the form of heavy gauge plastic can be used before the installation of your cabin creating a vapour barrier beneath.
- Customers guarantees level foundation to our specifications unless you have pre-arranged with us to install the base for you. Please contact us to get specifications for your log cabin base.
OUR PROFESSIONAL INSTALL OPTIONS:
Timber Frame and Block Foundation
- We can install our pressure treated timber frame foundation for additional cost. Base is placed on the concrete blocks concreted into the ground. Which Includes free damp proof membrane. Client provides solid surface or hardcore prevent from sinking. Extra charge may apply – Where Grounds are not to our specifications.
Our Concrete Slab
- Subject to on site visit. Our expert team will provide a steel reinforced concrete slab with ventilation and radon gas barrier.